Band Saw Shopping

My mistake, 10-14 is what I meant to say. I've always used 18 TPI on my portaband blades back when I was a pipe fitter/welder so thats what I've always stuck with. After I got this bandsaw I was searching YouTube videos and came across a knife maker with the same model Jet who recommended the 10-14 TPI blades so figured I'd give them a try.

Good eye on the planer. Actually the planer has a hose connected to a bag beneath it where most of the chips go. Unfortunately I over filled it multiple times on this job and threw it all over the floor when trying to empty it. lol

View attachment 80818

The floor is a mess in the other pic because of the jointer which throws chips EVERYWHERE. I was working on an ambrosia maple dining table which is why the shop was a mess. That was a couple months back though.
Ahh, jointer was my second guess LOL

When I get around to building the expansion on the back of my shop, I'm going to run dust collection and blow all of the sawdust and shavings straight out the back of the shop and into the woods. I used to be real big on dust collection, now I just use a blow gun and a leaf blower.

Sent from my Champion Forge using Tapatalk

Ahh, jointer was my second guess LOL

When I get around to building the expansion on the back of my shop, I'm going to run dust collection and blow all of the sawdust and shavings straight out the back of the shop and into the woods. I used to be real big on dust collection, now I just use a blow gun and a leaf blower.

I need a good dust collector myself. I have a built in shop vac hooked up under my assembly table, one on my drum sander and another on my sandblaster. The other tools I just blow out and vacuum up when I'm done with a job. I'm about out of shop space now and when I do save up enough for a dust collector, I always buy more tools instead. lol

I like your idea of blowing it into the woods. I have to shovel my sawdust into a Mule and dump it in a burn pile in my pasture.

I need a good dust collector myself. I have a built in shop vac hooked up under my assembly table, one on my drum sander and another on my sandblaster. The other tools I just blow out and vacuum up when I'm done with a job. I'm about out of shop space now and when I do save up enough for a dust collector, I always buy more tools instead. lol

I like your idea of blowing it into the woods. I have to shovel my sawdust into a Mule and dump it in a burn pile in my pasture.
INTO a mule?! Gross! Bet it smells TERRIBLE when you burn it!

Joking...

I just leave my sawdust in a pile on the wood line and it rots down to nothing.

If you do blow the sawdust outside the shop, make sure you get it far enough away that you don't get bugs in the shop.

I think I'm going to run some steel duct off the back of the shop maybe 10 or 20 feet, then have a big blower to scatter all the sawdust down the hill.

Back