Belt Sander / Disk Grinder UPDATE!

backtines

So I bought this machine for 100 bucks this past weekend, brought it over to shop and started cleaning it up.. Its AMAZING ! what a little elbow grease and a coat of paint can do.

Wow! You did an awesome job in very little time. That was a great score.

It really looks brand new. Good job Mikey. I am going to have to keep my eyes open now...

Beautiful work !!!!!

Love that you painted the inside of the wheels too !

What kind of paint did you use ????

-Josh

Beautiful work !!!!!

Love that you painted the inside of the wheels too !

What kind of paint did you use ????

-Josh

Hey Josh , The color is Smoke Gray (7786) made by Rust-oleum in a spray can goes on real nice ann covers real good .. Surface grinder ??

Yeah surface grinder.

I picked up a can of grey Rust Tough primer yesterday so that's going to be my primer but I still need to pick a final color.

I like what you've got on your machine so I may just do the same :)

My paint is chalky and deteriorated so I'm going to have ALOT of prep but if I can a similar finish to your's I'll be extatic :)

Did you tape off the emblems an spray or remove for painting ??? Just curious because some of mine are riveted on so I'd like to leave those on for painting.

-Josh

Very nice restoration job! They don't make machines of that quality anymore. Nice find and great rehab!

Yeah surface grinder.

I picked up a can of grey Rust Tough primer yesterday so that's going to be my primer but I still need to pick a final color.

I like what you've got on your machine so I may just do the same :)

My paint is chalky and deteriorated so I'm going to have ALOT of prep but if I can a similar finish to your's I'll be extatic :)

Did you tape off the emblems an spray or remove for painting ??? Just curious because some of mine are riveted on so I'd like to leave those on for painting.

-Josh

Hey Josh , Mine are rivets too . I just taped them off and sprayed over everything.

Very nice restoration job! They don't make machines of that quality anymore. Nice find and great rehab!

Hey Ed , yeah it came out pretty nice . Finding those 4x52" belts arent that easy . I finally found a place that had them and they shipped asap . I got them the next day..

Hey Ed on another note , I dont know you personally , but I read your posts and threads and you've helped a ton of people here on KD, And also helped me with some questions I had . Iming wish you the very best in you situatuion and hoping that it will all work out for you . Keep your head in there bro ! Good luck and Thanks!

Great job on that..I to am a fan of the old stuff. Always have my eye open but really like the disc on that. I think a good disc grinder really helps around the shop so usefull.

Very nicely done Mike. It looks like it just came out of the box. Out of curiosity, what rpm will that thing be running?

I just noticed this thread................

Great score buying it and restoring it. What brand is that (if you know)?

Corey "synthesist" Gimbel

Back