Bitcoin

Knifemaker.ca

Dealer - Purveyor
Just wondering if anyone is using bitcoin. I read an article (or ten) on it today. A new digital currency. The banks are pissed off and so is CRA (Canadian version of IRS). Those things both intrigue me. :)

Transactions are not reversible. (No Chargebacks). The value of the bitcoin is pretty volatile right now. It's maybe too early to consider this a viable currency for most businesses, but I suspect it may become the next "PayPal" (Online payment standard). I'm pretty much sure I'm not going to be offering it as a payment method on the store just yet - but I may mess with it on private (or knife) deals to get acquainted with new technology.

Any expertise in the pound?

Rob!

I first saw something about it 2 years ago and it also intrigued me. BUT !, now two years later I recently read that it was getting involved on the stock market and that can only mean one thing......government intervention and regulation. So much for that idea, I think they had it right in the old days.....bartering is the way to go, an equal and fair exchange for goods and services. I don't see bitcoins replacing the all mighty petro-dollar anytime soon.

Rudy

I remember bitcoin from the late 90's. I remember even trying to buy something (way back then) via bitcoin and couldn't find anything. I think the idea is bit utopian and probably not ready for meaningful commerce. It's all based on math and supposedly an uncrackable algorithm. I like the idea of a digital currency but I don't think this is it.

I don't even like the idea of digital currency. Greenbacks and coin, you get caaught up in the digital currency market and you may loose all your currency period.
Better to use what works and be done with it.

Being a teenager I know that the commonly held belief is that people who use bitcoins are not to be trusted due to its association to the onion router. I won't go onto any details on the people who use that but using bitcoins may associate you with these people. Not a good thing.

Back