Black rifle picture thread

Now you guys made me really miss my SKS, I bought it when you could get them cheap and then was young and stupid and sold it.

I used it for a few years deer hunting around here.

One place that has a good selection of aftermarket parts for the SKS is
cheaper than dirt.

my parts bin " Skank "

built on a Fulton lower , think my total investment in this one is around $275 :)

Ar15%20Fulton%20Lower.jpg

my good AR:

Upper by Carolina tactical supply, Sabre defense fluted 1:7 barrel .223 match chamber , Daniel Defense 12.0 rail with PRI low profile gas block , Rock River Arms National Match lower , YHM Bipod mount and Harris bipod , SS 10x scope in a Armalite 1 mount .

Dscf1600x.jpg

I have since swapped out the adjustable stock for a fixed stock and added a 1" extension to the stock , and filled the trap door area with lead :)

Do black SMG's count ?

vegashenchman1.jpg

Last edited:
John, I thought I was the only guy who bought one of those Armalite scope mounts. Those things are solid as a rock, but seem to weigh about the same. They are also fairly expensive, even at a discounted rate. I think Ipaid somewhere in the neighborhood of $200 back in '03.

First is my "homeland defense" AR--a P.O.F. 415-16 upper with a Predator rail, an ADS lower (local boys), and a bunch of Magpul bits. Runs like a sewing machine and I have yet to clean it through around 1500 rounds of Wolf and other junk ammo. Has a knock-off of a Leupold CQ/T style 2-6x optic that has survived rather abusive treatment from a neglectful owner.

Next is my "ranch" AR--something I could carry all day slung over my shoulder. Super lightweight thanks to the CavArms (again, local boys) integral poly lower, and a mid-length light-contour barreled upper from CMMG. Barrel is 14.5" with a pinned flash hider.

Finally is my "buffalo" AR. It's another CavArms lower with a Rock River Arms .458 SOCOM upper. I affectionately call it "Gray Thunder". Definitely one of the most exciting rifles I own.

Next time I'll take some photos of my DPMS 7.62 Sportical and my prairie dog popper. :D

Attachments

• poodleshooter.jpg
    poodleshooter.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 38
  • ranch_ar.jpg
    ranch_ar.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 37
  • buffalo_ar.jpg
    buffalo_ar.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 32
Darn, ain't got no AR or any thing. Just some old stupid long gun that shoots a big ol' 1/2" bullet. Caint ford to shoot the dern thing. Bullets costs 'bout $10 a piece! :rolleyes:

Your right, never happened. Just a figament of my immagination Short Bus
Its really a .22, I didn't calibrate my calipers.

Here's a pic of my only black rifle after a pig hunt. I never thought that I would like the ar15 platform for a hunting gun but after building one, I love it. The .223 is a little light for hogs but it does the trick if you hit them right. My next AR build will be something that shoots a heavier bullet, maybe a 7.62 x 39.

Pighunt2006.jpg

just a few of my ar's. these are older pics,and some things have changed on em. i'll be takin new pics soon. -fed

Attachments

• puppydog1.jpg
    puppydog1.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 23
  • puppydog6.jpg
    puppydog6.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 22
  • varmit3.jpg
    varmit3.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 19
  • puppydog4.jpg
    puppydog4.jpg