Bone Hunter #5...

Thanks. I have seen other references to TSP and potassiunm permanganate, still trying to piece it all together into a process I can attempt.

Thanks. I have seen other references to TSP and potassiunm permanganate, still trying to piece it all together into a process I can attempt.

The chemical is easy to use and you can purchase it off ebay I believe. Its where I got mine the last time I bought some. If you haven't tried it, it is a solution that works and I dye all my handles with the stuff. Just be careful handling it, it will burn ya if it gets on bare skin. I flipped one of my handles over and it splashed up on my face and I had to wash real fast like. Glad it didn't get in my eyes......

Potassium permanganate is a strong oxidizer and can burn skin and eyes. It will stain brown everything it touches. I get mine at a pool supply and most Sears stores carry it in liquid form. I prefer the purple crystle form, that way I can control the mix. As with most chemicals read the data sheets and exercise safety procedures when using.

Back