Bowie Sheath

Now all I have to do is keep lining up the stamp. Whoops! That did not work out very well. I got off on one stamp and it exploded from there. Time to cut a new front cover. I need to start over as I cannot save this piece. Grrrrr!

52262-ADF-A306-46-F7-A767-0-D98-E5-D04-B19.jpg

Stamping is either right or wrong. There isn't any half measures with them. That is an interesting stamp though. I have quite a few but it is the very slight misalignment that spoils the effect so I stay with very simple border stamping when I do it at all now

Looks familiar...

C57E5426-8941-4CA2-A9AA-B881DBA50F73.jpg
Dennis have you considered laying out a pattern on a computer first? I would think you could get some good results that way. It might at least give you starting points. That might be considered cheating by some I suppose. But a repeating pattern like that seems natural for a computer.

I've never done this, so take with a grain of salt. Just offering it as a possible idea.

Dennis have you considered laying out a pattern on a computer first? I would think you could get some good results that way. It might at least give you starting points. That might be considered cheating by some I suppose. But a repeating pattern like that seems natural for a computer.

I've never done this, so take with a grain of salt. Just offering it as a possible idea.

I would not know where to start. I am a computer idiot...

Nice job on the stamping, that's alot or real estate to keep straight. I like how your edge stamp looks how do you align it?

Justin - I use the bottom points in the groove and just stamp touching the point, to the next point, to the next point, etc. Follow the groove around. I hope that makes sense.

381447-D9-6-CEE-4-D7-F-BAB2-CEB8-D06-A0935.jpg

E451-DF50-32-E9-431-D-88-F4-8-FC96-F35-B4-F0.jpg

Back