Brand new book on building slipjoints

Alright Don , I ordered it. Thanks for the encouragement. I promise to post pictures of the first one up here.

Dwane

Thanks, Dwayne.

You've never built a slipjoint before?

Looking forward to seeing your knife about two weeks from now. :001_smile:

I got your payment but I'm waiting for the next batch of books from the printer. Hopefully they'll be here today.

I received my book , and was glancing through it. WOW , what a great book. Good job Don.
I have quite a few orders in front of me , I WILL find the time this fall to build a couple of "slippies" and post em up here.

Thanks again for a great book

Dwane

PS: No I've never built a slipjoint ,I always been scared of the pivot pin showing and the blade not moving , but I see how you do it now.

We'll look forward to seeing your slipjoint, Dwayne.

Zane, good to hear from you.

I'm still kicking in between naps.

I was going to ask if anyone knew a good book on folders and saw your entry. Bought one through link and paypal. can't wait to see what i'm doing wrong. !

let's see'um!

Several people have had their book a few days now. I sure would like to see a WIP or finished knife photos. :35:

Are any of you building a new slipjoint?

I'm doing my best Don. You can see some pictures, as well as some of our fellow forum members offering some advice here. I had already started this one prior to ordering your book, but it has been an invaluable resource nonetheless.

You're doing great, JC.

I made a couple of suggestions on the other thread you refer to.

Keep it up, friend. Now you're hooked on slipjoints.

I started out making straight knives, then over 20 years ago, slipjoints, then lockbacks, then linerlocks, and now I'm back to slipjoints again. I throw in a flipper once in awhile.

You're doing great, JC.

I made a couple of suggestions on the other thread you refer to.

Keep it up, friend. Now you're hooked on slipjoints.

I started out making straight knives, then over 20 years ago, slipjoints, then lockbacks, then linerlocks, and now I'm back to slipjoints again. I throw in a flipper once in awhile.

Thanks for the comments and encouragement Don, it is certainly appreciated. Yes, I'm definitely hooked. Other than seeing and spending time with my daughter everyday, my 30 minutes at lunch working on this first one is what I look forward to most each day. That might change as I get closer to the end though! Thanks to your book, Gene Shadley's and Bruce Bump's WIP/How-To this has been a relatively painless process so far. Hopefully, that trend will continue.

Nothing close to finished. But the weekend is almost here.

I heat treated a couple of blades and springs last weekend and have been tinkering with the liners during the week.

Johnny

Last edited:
Here are my current WIPs. All at at the early stages and some new learning curves as well. These should keep me busy for quite while.

IMG_1079.JPG

IMG_1080.JPG

IMG_1087.JPG

Missed emails

I'm sorry to say that I've been missing a lot of emails lately because of my service provider problems.

If you've emailed me about a book and I haven't replied, please do it again.

Thanks.

Back