By request - A few pics

Kiah

Just a few pics. I'm bad about taking pics of everything, but here's some from the old HD. I'll post up some more as I come across 'em. these were just stuck in a folder.

owenm_basic.jpg

100_0552.jpg

3669039268_c5d5ee0ea7.jpg

Kiah-Teklok1.jpg

IMG00103-20100320-1759.jpg

tonym.JPG

56e3.jpg

agsar.jpg

blindhorse.jpg

nwa.jpg

shoeknife.jpg

trailmaster.jpg

bobo.jpg

bobo2.jpg

bobo3.jpg

nighthawk.jpg

scotch.jpg

sy1.jpg

sy3.jpg

szabo.jpg

swick.jpg

fiskarssmolle.jpg

c4886bee.jpg

49783eae.jpg

swick2.jpg

2011Fiskars3.jpg

I have always enjoyed seeing your work. Thank you for sharing. I haven't followed your work in a while, did you ever work out the kinks you were working on with the pattern dyeing process you were working on about a year or so ago?

I have always enjoyed seeing your work. Thank you for sharing. I haven't followed your work in a while, did you ever work out the kinks you were working on with the pattern dyeing process you were working on about a year or so ago?

I did, and then I got sidetracked with personal stuff through the summer, and kinda forgot about it through the winter since it needs to be done outside (the dye powder floating around the shop has a tendency to speckle everything). With it warming up here though, I'll be getting back to it real soon.

nice work..

Thanks, brother.

Thanks guys.

Here's a shot of Jeff Randall's Nyala sheath while I still have the pics handy.

jeffcrk1.jpg

Thanks, bro. I built a rig to cut the slots. Kind of a high speed, single purpose mill. Mostly scrap parts, some aluminum for rails, and a 2.5 HP (23,000 RPM) router motor to do the cutting.

Awesome stuff! I wish I could get to your level! Any chance you could do a tutorial on cutting the slots in the sheaths and show what you use to cut them?

Very neat, clean designs! I haven't seen anything like your hatchet sheaths before. Do you make them for hatchets other than Fiskars?

Mighty nice work. Really nice.
Unique and functional it appears, nice combo.
Dozier

Thank you, sir.

Awesome stuff! I wish I could get to your level! Any chance you could do a tutorial on cutting the slots in the sheaths and show what you use to cut them?

Maybe at some point, bro. The machine I use was trial and error. Building one and scrapping it, building another and scrapping it, and finally settling on the one I have now. Nothing overly complicated or anything, but with the amount of time and hair pulling put into it, I'm hesitant to share just yet. Plus it still has a few kinks to work out anyway.

Very neat, clean designs! I haven't seen anything like your hatchet sheaths before. Do you make them for hatchets other than Fiskars?

Thanks, bro. I've made a couple for Estwings, but I'm bad about taking pics and don't keep anything on-hand but the Fiskars. I need to remedy that. The original tab style was borrowed from Kevin Estella, and I just changed a thing or two as I made more and it kinda ended up as it is now.

Another pic while I have it handy.

sogvulcan.jpg

Back