Call out for Wildlife Photo's

Came across this yesterday while we were out and about.

0f3c865b.jpg

Last edited:
I live in a built up neighborhood... used to be some woods and farmland but all homes now. I just happened to be looking out the window when this guy landed on the top of the telephone pole on the corner of my property. Grabbed the camera and set it for telephoto and walked out the front door to grab some shots...

014-5.jpg

015-5.jpg

016-4.jpg

When he took flight he had over a 3' wingspan from my estimate and perspective.

Nanny

This white goose has shown up the last 3 seasons with the Canadian Honkers it must be a female. It plays the nanny role in this little flock it takes care of all the goslings while the other our out eating. She leads them around like they were hers from the pond to the gravel parking lot.
Bird.jpg

Here is one that I caught when mowing the yard. I have not seen one around here in the last two years.

Attachments

• horny toad.jpg
    horny toad.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 73
My back yard buddy ,keeps away all the rabbits eating my garden and rats that hang around old horse barn . Hes Pretty tame , I tried making buddies but he is still wary as heck. Picture is taken from open patio door about 15- 20 ft away. Thats about as close as I can get. I caught him eating some dog food , he was pissed I sneaked up on him. GRRRRRRR show me teeth and snapped jaws together .

Last edited:
This is one my son took a few weeks ago when he was in Calgary. He was only about 50 feet away for this shot.

_MG_6761.jpg

A few from South Florida. My youngest daugther and I spend quite a bit of time together taking close-up photos around the Tri-county area.

Butterfly-sm-1552a.jpg
BF556s.jpg
BF1558s.jpg
HB1531s.jpg

Attachments

• BF1564.jpg
    BF1564.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 6
Here are a few recent photos.
turtleclose.jpeg
Snapper crossing - taken in North Carolina
034.jpg
My Backyard -This Nutty Lady feeds Squirrels, then the bluejays caught on.

Attachments

• 038.jpg
    038.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 13
Some more photos I found on my hard drive...

DragonFly_5214sm.jpg

Ducks.jpg

Bird-sm.jpg

Duck-WhiteFace-sm.jpg

Wife just told me she would like to plan a cruise in Alaska for May-June time frame. Who Iam I to argue with her. I just stated I needed a video camera or maybe a new body for my Canon that takes video. Her response was you really need the new Canon so you carry only one camera and use all the lens you already have.

I married her based on smarts and looks, looks, looks. Turns out she is as smart as she looks. After 33 years of marriage she is still the Boss.

Back