Cancer Research Damascus Fighter WIP on CKCA

Hi Peter, Thanks man. I've taught you almost everything I know now.
I've never chimed in to let you know so I guess now is the time to do it. I LOVE your WIP threads Mr. Bump! It's so much fun to watch the knives grow! Plus, I know I'll always learn something from reading them. :D

Its been too quiet on this thread because this fighter was at Steven Rapps for a metal throat and tip Sheffield style leather sheath. Steven has sent the knife back here and the sheath parts to Brian Hochstrat for the engraving.

Here is some pics of the knife with the ivory scales and ready to send to Brian for engraving too.

012-2.jpg

011-1.jpg

016-3.jpg

CKCACancerFighter003.jpg

CKCACancerFighter007.jpg

CKCACancerFighter011.jpg

ckcaandMikeTurner003.jpg

That is loking great Bruce. I love watching your work develop through the stages of progress.

That is stunningly beautiful Bruce! That's the prettiest ivory I've seen in ages. What a sweet knife! Thanks for bringing this back alive in my heart.

Thankyou much guys! I'm heading down to the post office to send the finished knife and sheath to Chuck Ward. Stay tuned for the finished pictures soon.

Save your money for a ticket to win this one. They go on sale at the Blade Show time.

029-1.jpg

Well, Shes finished guys!

Please buy some tickets for this one. Somebody is going to win it. The tickets go on sale at Blade Show time. Stay tuned.

CKCAfinishedknife006.jpg

CKCAfinishedknife005.jpg

CKCAfinishedknife004.jpg

Absolutely gorgeous. Does it have a half-stop?
Joking aside, a knife like that would make me proud to own. And buying some tickets would also make me proud. So win-win.

No half stop on this one Ben :)
I hope you do "win win" Thanks man.
Absolutely gorgeous. Does it have a half-stop?
Joking aside, a knife like that would make me proud to own. And buying some tickets would also make me proud. So win-win.

Please keep us posted for when the tickets go on sale Brue. I'll save my pennies so I can kick in for one.

Hi Bruce
The finished knife is spectacular and another great WIP, Thanks For sharing. Have a HAPPY EASTER All.

Jim

It's been said many times Bruce but you've inspired a bunch of people and I sure am one of them! I can't thank you enough.
And the knife ain't too shabby either. ;) Everything in incredible of course but that grind is sooooo sweet! :thumbup:

Hey Gents, this one collaboration is finished, and just in time for the Blade Show presentation. "The Cancer Fighter" will be displayed on the Custom Knife Collectors Association booth at the Show. Please stop and have a look and please buy a ticket for a chance to win it.

2011_CKCA_Cancer_Benefit_Flyer_791X1024.jpg

Book_Cover_005.jpg

Last edited:
Question

Bruce,

Fantastic knife!

One question: "Ernie Grospitch - Stencils" Stencils? Are those the makers marks? (not familiar with this word, English is not my native language :eek:)

Kind regards,

Jos

Bruce,

Fantastic knife!

One question: "Ernie Grospitch - Stencils" Stencils? Are those the makers marks? (not familiar with this word, English is not my native language :eek:)

Kind regards,

Jos

Jos,

Yes the stencils are what is used for the makers marks in the etching process.

Yes, good question, its like Stew said, they are used to etch the makers names onto the blade. Ernie makes some of the best stencils anywhere and at a good price too. He was kind enough to make the custom made stencils for us.

Thanks for the compliment on the knife.

Bruce,

Fantastic knife!

Kind regards,

Jos

Last edited:
Hot off the press

attachment.php

The Coffee Table book that will accompany the CKCA "Cancer Fighter" Benefit knife just made it from my publisher. These are "ultra crappy" cell phone pics, but you get the idea.

I will post a link to view the book later.

Thanks for looking,
Steve

cc2.jpgcc3.jpgcc5.jpgcc1.jpgcc4.jpg

Last edited:
Just in time for Blade too. Looks great Steven. Would you send it to Kevin Jones asap? Unless you are going to Blade too? It needs to be at the banquet on Thursday night. Kevin just finally got the knife and sheath today so your doing good.

Back