changing employers

scott.livesey

Dealer - Purveyor
Hi fellow dogs,
at 6am friday i will no longer be a forger. after 11 years caring and feeding 1600 ton automated forging presses, i am retiring. I had hoped to hang on till June, but my body just won't take it any more. On Monday I begin working full time for Old Sailor's Knives. It will be a different experience as I know the owner, buyer, heat treat operator, and blade sharpener.

Scott

I wish you a very happy retirement. It is a scary thought for some folks. I am looking forward to the day I can say - "I'm retired". Eventually, it will come for all of us.

Now, that new job. It looks like trouble. :3:

DeMo

Good luck with the new "gig".
I hope you do well for yourself Scott.
t

Congrats Scott, I have one year and three months for that option. I have people asking me when I'm going to retire, I think some of them are lining up for my job, Ha Ha. I have some thinking to do about it yet though.

I have 7 months until I quit my first job and go full time. I will be 65 in October and looked at the figures and working another year does not provide any substantial increase in benefits.
Lately the miles I drive on the job have created more problems. I'm ready to stay around the house and chase grandkids!

i will post more pictures of completed work. i had hoped to stay working till at least June, but one of my knees is about gone and I am doing myself no favors standing and walking on concrete for 8 to 10 hours a night. the retirement dinner(take out pizza) is done, going away gift is in the van(roll around tool box and all the goodies i could cram in it), and i am home from work for the last time.

Congrats Scott - about the ONLY negative thing I can say about retirement is I no longer worry about 30 warranty, and the aches 'n pains {g}

Enjoy your new boss.

Ken H>

Yes, congratulations on your retirement !!! Due to my wife's controls and management I retired a couple of years early from working in a pulp mill. Simply put, I'm having a great life and wish that for you too, Scott !!!
Frank

Back