Christmas Exchange 2018!

Daniel if you use your search function you can find the last couple of years of Christmas threads. Many have pictures posted of what was sent and recieved.

It's that time of the year again!Time for the Knife Dogs Christmas Exchange. Last year I was really late getting it started, and this year I'm early. Hopefully the extra time will allow more makers to join in. Most of you know what this is about. A gift exchange between knife makers of all skill levels. It doesn't matter if you are a new maker or Mastersmith.

The gift should be in the area of $25. Please don't send someone a hunk of 2x4 to use as handle material, or a bar of Damasteel; keep it near the $25. Suggestions for gifts are handle materials, handle hardware, specialty tools, known steel, etc.

Do a little research on your recipient before you choose a gift. Don't send 2x72 belts to a guy that has a 2x48 grinder, don't send folder pivots to a guy that only makes fixed blades.

To enter, all you have to do is make a post in this thread, saying you are in, and send me an IM with your real name, forum name and address. We do restrict this to members within the US, just because shipping abroad can get expensive for the giver. Last year, I accepted entries by both IM or email. This year it will be ONLY by IM. It got too confusing having names and addresses in two different locations.

***IMPORTANT DATES***
December 10, 2018 --Entry Deadline
December 12, 2018-- You will receive your recipients name by this date.
December 17, 2018--You must ship your gift by this date so it arrives prior to the big day.

Things to keep in mind:
-Think Toys not Socks
-Don't use this as a way to clean out your junk drawer
-Include a little note to your recipient telling them about the item/items you sent and about yourself.
-This is a great way to make new friends and get to know each other a little bit better.
-Bug Boss Dog and see if we can get him to play along this year.
-Open to Knife Dogs members only, but new members are welcome so feel free to share outside of the forum.

If I missed anything, or you have questions, please feel free to ask.

Thanks!
Jess

"In"
-Daniel Macina
-Motor City Mike
-J. Hoffman
-Bjmac
- Dennis Morland
- Kevin Zito
-GeneK
-soundmind
-Chris Railey
-DanF
-luciusx5
-Kev
-KenH
-Bcarlson07 I'm in

Looking forward to this again - This is to "bump" thread to top of "new posts" again so it doesn't get lost.
Ken H>

If you know someone who would be interested in doing this again this year, please let them know! I'm surprised Larry Franklin and Peter Martin aren't in here.

Been going thru my stuff and putting a few things aside for the box. Once I know the name, I'll know what to put in box. Monday is joining deadline, and Wed the names are drawn. This is ALWAYS fun. Jess, thanks for doing all the work.

Ken H> (bump to top:)

Got my name to ship to - it's going out today or tomorrow, all depending if I can get label on package in time for today's mail or not.

Yea - this is fun every year!

Ken H>

nice job to Jess who pulled this off.
Mine shipped today.

Mine is ready to go, waiting for the snow to melt on my driveway to get to post office.

Back