D2 Burl Fighter

Ausbrooks

KNIFE MAKER
Just finished this fighter that is a practice knife as I've done few double guards and also wanted to do one with a Randall style swedge with some curve. Sheath was first stab at carving and was good enough to be spared from trash can so will probably try more of it. Blade is 7", 3/16" D2 11 1/2" OA, nickel silver guard and pommel, 316ss and black fiber spacers, HHH ironwood burl (Randy actually ending up giving me this piece because it has a natural crack which can see on underside by pommel, which he didn't have to do- he is great to deal with.)

AusbrooksFtrL1.jpg

AusbrooksFtrR1.jpg

AusbrooksFtrBldL1.jpg

AusbrooksftrLclose.jpg

AusbrooksFtrPml1.jpg

AusbrooksFtrsheath2.jpg

Ausbrooksftrsheath3mark.jpg

Your practicing is all over.... you nailed it on the first try, really nice clean work love it (( :

Laurence, Cote, Mike and Wade, thank you for the positive comments- means a lot coming from great makers such as you guys!

Very nice practice you got going there. I think your finish is super fine. Shiny and bright and all ready to go out and play. Great looking package my man!

Wow thanks for nice compliment bootstrap... the more knives I make the more glaring each mistake is and makes me want to make the next one just a little better...maybe I'm just really OCD or a normal knife maker, not sure.

Back