Damascus Hammers for Sale!

EdCaffreyMS

"The Montana Bladesmith"
Everybody needs one of these! :)
First up is a 9 bar composite or opposing twist bars.....
9barhammer03.jpg

9barhammer04.jpg

Next, a 1080/Nickel 200 billet in a gentle twist.....

bluehammer05.jpg

bluehammer04.jpg

For prices and full image galleries, go to http://www.caffreyknives.net/angle_peen-hammers.html

They are both "usable" (both are heat treated), but I personally wouldn't use the blued one...... the 9-bar just needs the face and peen polished to mirror, and it's ready to go (or it could be used as is). I actually have several Damascus hammers that I use.... however, the ones I use were the remnants of billets destined for 1911 slides, that were either not used, or rejected by the customer(s) because they didn't like the specific pattern(s). :)

They are both "usable" (both are heat treated), but I personally wouldn't use the blued one...... the 9-bar just needs the face and peen polished to mirror, and it's ready to go (or it could be used as is). I actually have several Damascus hammers that I use.... however, the ones I use were the remnants of billets destined for 1911 slides, that were either not used, or rejected by the customer(s) because they didn't like the specific pattern(s). :)
I was certain they're usable in that sense. It's just they look so nice, I wouldn't want to mar them. Great work

Thank you!! I appreciate the kind words! From time to time, I've made others, and a few months ago, when I was balled up on the couch, I got an email from a previous client, asking if I was ever going to make some more Damascus Hammers...... so a few days of feeling decent... and I just pumped them out. Seemed like everything else I touched at the time turned bad, and the hammer just "worked out"...... kinda like it was one of those "meant to be" things. I was bit hesitant to make the blued one, thinking it's more of a "wall hanger"..... but figured somebody, sooner or later, would fall in love with it! :)

Back