DELETE see 2020 KITH Sign up

Aye

although I don’t think I better give it a shot again this year I pretty well embarrassed myself last year.
Hey I abandoned my bowie last year and sent another knife so do not feel too bad. I have made like four bowies since and a lot of framed handles so it was worth it to push myself to learn. One of my favorite historical quotes is as follows: “Failure, yes failure, the greatest of teachers failure is.” -Master Yoda.

I am a beginner knife maker and am interested in this KITH thing, can someone point me in right direction to learn about it. I would like to participate but don't know if I can at beginner status, only work with 1084 because I like to do my own heat treating and temper.
Easy Peasy See my next post. If you are at beginner status you are mandated to join. It‘s fun and a great opportunity to hone your skills with the help of the members of this group. Last year of took me three try’s to finish the KITH ( knife in the hat)

Last edited:
Ok I guess I have the job. I agree with most. I will set it up as Maker‘s Choice. I will open up another post announcing. I will look at past announcements to make sure I get instructions correct.

My advice is to pick a design that is simple and that you do well. Then put all of your effort into making the best, cleanest version you can. Push yourself to raise your own bar in execution, rather than trying some crazy design that wants to go sideways at every turn. And it doesn’t need to be made from depleted uranium and unicorn antler.
Are you saying you have a source for unicorn antler because I happen to have a client

Hey I abandoned my bowie last year and sent another knife so do not feel too bad. I have made like four bowies since and a lot of framed handles so it was worth it to push myself to learn. One of my favorite historical quotes is as follows: “Failure, yes failure, the greatest of teachers failure is.” -Master Yoda.
Yep.

Back