DELETE see 2020 KITH Sign up

Mark Barone

It’s August and I was just waiting to see that four letter word to pop up. KITH. I am offering to organize it unless somebody really has their heart set on doing it. My favorite part will be participating.

I'll just float this...

I'd like to see makers put in what they are passionate about. Maybe it's a kitchen knife, maybe a bushcrafter, maybe a hunter. Whatever. That's the point of the kith to me, to give something you do to someone who normally doesn't.

Aye I'm good with that. .I'll give a tentative yes on participating. Just a lot of uncertainty around the house lately.

I believe a neck knife was mentioned after the last KITH, though I'm good with whatever people would like to do. However I don't think I'm up to another Bowie.

Aye

although I don’t think I better give it a shot again this year I pretty well embarrassed myself last year.

nonsense! the spirit of the KITH is to do your best. We’re all makers, meaning none of us “needs” a knife from anybody. Whatever we get, we get. The idea is to push ourselves and to give feedback to the sender.

I may tag along. I really did feel bad about what I sent last year I do appreciate the encouragement though. Really been wanting to try a Japanese tanto or an integral maybe I’ll try one of those. This time I’ll have a drop point hunter ready to roll just in case though.

I may tag along. I really did feel bad about what I sent last year I do appreciate the encouragement though. Really been wanting to try a Japanese tanto or an integral maybe I’ll try one of those. This time I’ll have a drop point hunter ready to roll just in case though.

My advice is to pick a design that is simple and that you do well. Then put all of your effort into making the best, cleanest version you can. Push yourself to raise your own bar in execution, rather than trying some crazy design that wants to go sideways at every turn. And it doesn’t need to be made from depleted uranium and unicorn antler.

It would be great to have you in.

My advice is to pick a design that is simple and that you do well. Then put all of your effort into making the best, cleanest version you can. Push yourself to raise your own bar in execution, rather than trying some crazy design that wants to go sideways at every turn. And it doesn’t need to be made from depleted uranium and unicorn antler.
Then what am I supposed to do with the depleted uranium and the unicorn horns then huh ? HUH ?

Last edited:

You don't need to feel bad. I think this was something like your 3rd finished knife? I have *never* finished a knife that was as perfectly centered, flat and evenly finished as that knife. I mean that it is utterly noteworthy. So don't worry about that. Get in if ya want, do what you do, and feel good about it.

I’m in. I’m always up for trying something new. The part I love about the KITH, is the learning aspect. It makes you stretch your boundaries a bit.

I am a beginner knife maker and am interested in this KITH thing, can someone point me in right direction to learn about it. I would like to participate but don't know if I can at beginner status, only work with 1084 because I like to do my own heat treating and temper.

Back