Don Hanson "Big Blue"

jklein7401

Well I am really happy to say Big Blue is back home. :D One of my all time favorite Don Hanson Bowie's with amazing dark blue (almost black) mammoth ivory. It took a journey via Paul Long for his usual mastery of leather and Chuck Ward captured the whole package. I believe these are also the first photo's of the knife showing the butt cap and skull crusher that Don had added a few years back. I feel very fortunate that a good, good friend of mine allowed me to bring this one back into my home. You know who you are and I thank you for that. :cool:

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

"Big Blue" welcome home!!

Thanks again, Jon

WOW, Thats a awesome KNIFE! Love it! Sweet damascus and handle, Great leather work and photos.. I true treasure!

Thanks for showing it off! :)

That is unbelievable! I love it. Everything about is great from the tip to the crusher. That mammoth is stunning. Thanks for sharing.

Pat

Great knife , sheath and photo, Jon.

Ever get that feeling when you realize you "shouldn't have passed" on a knife.

One of my favorites of Don's 2thumbs.

That is just sick.

I have always been a sucker for Blue Mammoth Ivory. Seeing your beautiful blade reinforces my love. That knife is flawless. To my untrained eyes it screams craftsmanship,patience,and most of all love.

The passion Don felt while making that one of a kind is self evident. It truly is a masterpiece. How blessed you must feel to have that blade back. I can't imagine the joy it brings you. Congratulations to Mr. Hanson for his love of knife making and to you for your passion of collecting. In my eyes you are both elite winners.

Peace.

Back