dress sheaths for some Randall's

roughcountry

My cousin asked me to make some "dress" sheaths for his small collection of Randall's and I did the best I know how to do. It was great to handle these blades and get the story of when and how he got them. He said at the time it was a must that special forces carry a Randall. He ordered his first while incountry Nam and recieved it there with a letter from Mr Randall. The two bowies have been sent back to Randall and refurbished.
Heres what I just finished.
LPrandalls001.jpg

from left to right fiftys era-- sixtys era and the hunter is un use'd eghtys

LPrandalls010.jpg

The Randall's sheath's are above the new one's
LPrandalls014.jpg

Thanks Mark. The center sheath is called scroll cutting. It's all done with a swivel knife.
Oh, the bead around edge is a beading tool.

Thank you very much Paul. I've got lots to learn on these sheaths but I do have one of your vidio's to keep me on the right track. The other two are on my christmas list.

Thanks Bruce.
I hope you know, your the one who headed me down this road. I made simple sheaths for hunters and cowboys before you asked for things that made me really think on how to do certain things.
Thanks for pushing me outta my comfort zone.

Thanks Bruce.
I hope you know, your the one who headed me down this road. I made simple sheaths for hunters and cowboys before you asked for things that made me really think on how to do certain things.
Thanks for pushing me outta my comfort zone.

Well you certainly are comfy again. Time to push you again. heehee

Hay that is some realy good looking carving. Maybe befor you get to deep into the woods this fall i can stop by and see you

Thanks Claude
I should be here for about another week, give me a call to make sure I'm in the shop. I'll do my very best to make sure the truth don't get in the way of a good story:) Bin a long time since I've BS's with you, do you look the same? RS

Griz, I'm not much of a photo guy but I'll see if I can get closeups.

Thanks Sandy, that means a lot coming from one of the Masters.

Wow.
Wow.
Wow.

As a beginner leather carver I've got to say those are phenomenal.
That's the kind of work I aspire to.

Keep the pics coming.
:)

Thanks for the nice coments Kelly & Ebtide, I'm still learning and hope to get better. Lots of new stuff in the leathercraft world, I can't keep up with what the new break thru's are. Jump in with both feet, lots of room in the barrel.

Back