drive wheel

About the only way to get a 1 1/8" bore is to have it special made. You might want to check with Rob Frink and Beaumount metal works....he MIGHT be able to take one of his standard drive wheels and bore it out and re-keyway it for you (I would assume at an additional cost to the actual drive wheel) Otherwise I would say purchase a standard drive wheel, then find a local machine shop to bore/re-keyway it for you.

Thanks man my bearings went out and I had to destroy the wheel because it was presses on dont know why but it is what it is. I am thinking about a new motor with a 5/8 shaft so I can get a rubberized drive wheel.

Speaking from experience, DON'T waste the money on a contact wheel type drive wheel. I tried it, and the drive wheel lasted about 4 months before the rubber was so worn down to one side that belts would no longer track.

It is one my friend made. He sold it to me two years ago he taught me to make knives and wanted me to grind my own blades because I started off with kit knives. It is very heavy duty and I am going to buy a new motor and drive wheel so if this happens again I wont have to search for a over sized bored wheel.

Back