Drop Point EDC w/Amber Bone

D. Crawford

Here's a little EDC blade just finished. Specs as follows:

- OAL is 8" with 3 1/4" cutting edge
- Steel is 1/8" thick 1084 HT'd to ~60rc
- Handle is amber jigged bone

I've always thought there was something refined about thin handled knives. Thanks for looking.
IMG_2354_zpsby8bolne.jpg
[/URL]

Last edited:
Beautiful knife. That blade finish is stunning. As far as handles, based on the shows I've been to "thin is in". I'm stuck in the past and still hooked on palm swells, but my customers haven't complained. They're all old school, too I suppose.

I really like that you didn't do bolsters. Thin handle slabs with bolsters always makes me think of a Buck knife that won't close. I don't mean that as a negative, just an aesthetic I don't quite understand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks very much John. I like a palm swell too but my aesthetic tastes are constantly changing.
Here's another from the same batch

Last edited:
Very Cool! may I ask where you get jigged bone like that? and tips about working it? are your pin(ing) it or using corbys?

Thanks gents for commenting.

Very Cool! may I ask where you get jigged bone like that? and tips about working it? are your pin(ing) it or using corbys?

Daniel, these are from Culpepper. Don't overheat it when grinding & go easy when drilling so that you don't push out a chunk of surface material around the hole. These are pinned but I also have the handle thru-drilled and hollow ground to be "epoxy friendly".

Thanks again everyone.

Back