Drop point hunter

Squawsach

I finished this one today. There were several firsts for me on this knife. I tappered the tang on this one which I usually don't do and I tried a new method for attaching the guard. The knife is 8 1/2" OAL with a 3/16" O1 blade. The handle scales are stabilized redwood.

loveless096_zps0c8ce621.jpg

loveless093_zps4f8d1135.jpg

loveless094_zpsce3de053.jpg

Very nice! Good choice of materials and execution. Is this the knife you were working on when you questioned whether Loveless was nuts?

Very nice! Good choice of materials and execution. Is this the knife you were working on when you questioned whether Loveless was nuts?

Thanks and yes it is. I still think his mind worked in strange and wonderful ways. His guard method gave me fits.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for the kind words. Making this knife using different methods was "interesting". Art, I will make another in the future but it will be awhile. I am trying a new method of making a sheath to go with the this knife. I'm lining the sheath with one of those cool fold over type lips at the opening. I don't know why people do this but it looks good.

The Loveless drop point was a different style of knife for me. I thought I would try a new style of sheath to go with it. I have seen on the web that some of the really good sheath makers are lining their sheaths with deer skin or some sort of thin hide. The opening of the lined sheaths have a rollover type lip on them that I think looks good. It gives it a finished look. I have no idea what other benefits come from a lined sheath but I thouhg it would be interesting to give it a try. I used Torino upholstery hide to line the sheath.
lovelesssheath2001_zps9ec0b4e5.jpg

lovelesssheath2002_zps743c0840.jpg

lovelesssheath2005_zps70090b49.jpg

Back