Fiber glass sheath pics

It over over till the fat lady sings.

I stayed up late last night and made the leather belt loop. Its just a simple one but if there was time I would have the bolt heads engraved.

Also tried to glue leather around the opening and on the top of the throat so there is no metal to metal contact that will scratch the guard but finally gave up and decided to add some color. This is Suede Tex. I use it on the insides of my walnut display boxes. It is easy to do and durable too.

101_3820_edited.jpg

101_3822_edited.jpg

101_3823_edited.jpg

Holy Crap Bruce!! You never cease to amaze me!! That is awsome!! Will you be attending Blade West?? Hope to see ya there. Shane P. Atwood

Holy Crap Bruce!! You never cease to amaze me!! That is awsome!! Will you be attending Blade West?? Hope to see ya there. Shane P. Atwood

Hi Shane,
Thanks man.
No Bladewest this year. Its the same weekend as Chicago Show and we opted for Chicago. Have a good time in Portland, sorry to miss ya there.

OK its done. I wish I had better pictures but its dark outside and shots with a flash are pretty bad. Anyway its in the suitcase and ready to go. Jim Cooper is the show photographer so I can get a real nice picture there.

See Ya all next week!

100_3836_edited.jpg

100_3837_edited.jpg

Bruce,
I love how it turned out! :) Though, I cant help but wonder how the gator idea would have panned out. Yea, its the OCD in me. :p I tend to obsess over the what if's. :D

a future collaboration? bug in ear...... hello there

I appreciate all kind words and ego boosts.

Like everything I learned from this one. The knife fits like a glove and should always have the same fit. Wood and leather can change with time but the fiberglass should always stay the same size even with humidity changes. It does have a very thin leather liner that can grow but its so thin there shouldnt be a concern.

Next time I want to make a perfect fit into the leather and trim it to absolute minimum size before covering it with the fiberglas. I changed my mind on this one and sanded away a ton of glas especially around the collar. I should have made a drawing of the entire knife and sheath and used the drawing as the blueprint. Changing designs in mid project isnt a good idea. It worked out though thankfully. What I like about the glass is it can be sanded away for a good fit on the metal throat and tip or more glass applied. It can be shaped and thinned down to a minimum so the sheath is not over sized in proportion to the knife.

Last edited:
Here is the final result with the best images available. I like the Coop Shots.

Thanks for looking and/or following my thread

TombstoneinSheath.jpg

TombstoneDagger.jpg

Bruce, That's as good as anything can get! Not sure if I can spell perfection but I'll try. :D What a great picture Coop produced also!

I don't think I have ever seen a fiberglass sheath before. This is way cool.

Thats one of those rare times that knife work crosses the line into actual artwork.
This one qualifies.

Back