File work tutorial

springer82

Well,,,, it's getting COLD here. We have had our first snow. :mad: Both bikes are good runners. Time for a new winter project. I have looked over all 18 pages of tutorials. Checked YouTube to include the ABS.

You can watch a lot of people doing firework. I didn't find anything I would call a good tutorial. If anyone has a link to a tutorial where they actually explain what they are doing please share. I would appreciate it.

The best tutorial is to just dive in and do it.....the reason is because there is no "technique" that works for everyone. I've seen a number of ABS Mastersmiths, that do the same patterns of filework differently.....and even with different tools/files.

I understand that there is more then one way to skin a cat. I was hoping for tips on design, layout, files used for a design. STUFF!! I know this is not a good topic around here. Thanks anyway.

I understand that there is more then one way to skin a cat. I was hoping for tips on design, layout, files used for a design. STUFF!! I know this is not a good topic around here. Thanks anyway.
I'll jump in for ya ,Springer; I'll start on it later tonight if ya want me to. I am by no definition an expert but I have done some filework and it is getting better.

Thank you very much Bruce. That is very kind of you. I know there are some out there. I've seen a few. It just gets down to when I want to find something I can't!!! I'm sure you have more things to do then do a video for me. Enjoy your evening. Once again,, Thank You.

Thank you very much Bruce. That is very kind of you. I know there are some out there. I've seen a few. It just gets down to when I want to find something I can't!!! I'm sure you have more things to do then do a video for me. Enjoy your evening. Once again,, Thank You.
not to worry.. I don't know how to do a video! But, I'm pretty good with still pics and verbal communication skills! I'll post something in the WIP section and if you're interested, we'll keep it up. Of course, you can always tell me to go stick my head in a bucket of s........and.

not to worry.. I don't know how to do a video! But, I'm pretty good with still pics and verbal communication skills! I'll post something in the WIP section and if you're interested, we'll keep it up. Of course, you can always tell me to go stick my head in a bucket of s........and.

Always interested in new information!!

Back