Finished a few this weekend

kamikazej

Gold Membership
Here's a few that I finished last weekend. All are 3/16 1095 with G-10. I've been working on hand sanding alot but the plunge line area is killing me, I just can't seem to get it cleaned up.
Thanks for looking any and all feedback is welcome.

Thanks
Jason

Wharncliff with tan black and brown g10.jpgWhite Tail Hunter with orange g10.jpgWTH with tan black and brown g10.jpg

Jason,

They look good to me. Nice clean designs and the grinder heights are consistent and parallel to the edge! Nice job!

Jay

I think they look nice. I expect you mean that you are still getting grind lines in the plunge area. It's hard to tell from the pictures. Have you tried moving your finer grit belts off the edge of the platen to allow them to roll into the plunge? In some instances having a slightly rounded edge on the platen can help. If you post more specifics about your problem I am sure there are others here that would be more than happy to help you out of your dilema. We've all been there.

All very nice knives- especially like the wharny and the handle spacer work- the plunges look good but know sometimes hard to get perfect- practice, practice...

Thanks guys
Eric I think you might be on to somthing I'm going to round the edge of the platen and see how it works out. Thanks for the help and feedback

Jason

Back