First customers knife.

BobbyD

Traded for some sheath work. 52100 5/32” FF grind, Some old Dymondwood I have had for years With Micarta Pins. I HT it myself and this is a everyday carry and will get used. So we will see how it holds up. Any suggestions are appropriated.
9036F813-C150-4A75-AA9E-25781312D9C7.jpeg0E5F21A8-04B3-4E73-9DEE-0834B5CEA927.jpeg

Thanks. Yeah I have a bunch left from when I had a custom bow grip Business Years ago. The smell of sanding it brought back many memories lol. I don’t think they rebuilt the plant after it burned Down. is anybody else making the same stuff?

I really like working it.Has some weight to it. It polishes up to a high gloss easily. On this knife I only went to 120 grit and I still get a nice sheen on it.

Thanks. Yeah I have a bunch left from when I had a custom bow grip Business Years ago. The smell of sanding it brought back many memories lol. I don’t think they rebuilt the plant after it burned Down. is anybody else making the same stuff?

no one in the U.S.took the place of the dymondwood factory that burned down. I wish someone else would step in. Laminated deco wood is all import now.

Years ago I used to purchase thousands of dollars of Dymondwood from Rutland Plywood. Even had custom color panels laid up. Stuff is dense and heavy and I've used some scraps for knife handles before. My concern is that that product is a bit brittle and if dropped, it will chip and crack.
Also you really don't want to get a splinter with it.

But if you want some, here is a link to another manufacturer of dyed,laminated material. >> https://frogblanks.com/

Back