First two blade.

slatercreek

All right first two blade. Finally got Internet at the cabin. Been anxious to post these. Also got caught by a tv crew last spring. Goes to show you they'll put anybody on tv.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 67
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 66
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 71
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 61
Thanks for the kind words. It could have a better finish on it. But I have a bad habit of fussing with something till I screw it up. I have learned to live with small flaws and try to do better on the next one. Each one is a learning experience for the next.

Thanks for the kind words. It could have a better finish on it. But I have a bad habit of fussing with something till I screw it up. I have learned to live with small flaws and try to do better on the next one. Each one is a learning experience for the next.

There was only one perfect man. A knifemaker knows all the little flaws in all his own work. You can't be perfect, but your knife is close enough.

Thanks again for all the kind words. If I'm lucky I will be able to start another one soon. Busy time of year for me. Got rained out of the hay field yesterday. Had the opportunity to go watch my nephew and oldest son clean house at the rendezvous for the third year now. Excellent marksmen. The adults better watch out in a few years.

Okay now I have a question on assembly. I made a two pronged tool that I chucked up in my drill press to push on both back springs at once. It worked okay but would love to hear other methods on how to go about this process. I am very interested in building more multi blades.

Okay now I have a question on assembly. I made a two pronged tool that I chucked up in my drill press to push on both back springs at once. It worked okay but would love to hear other methods on how to go about this process. I am very interested in building more multi blades.

One of these days I'll do a tutorial on how I assymble my slipjoints in a vice during the process of getting them ready or final assembly.
Sorry I don't have time right now.

I place the knife in a vise and push a long pin that has a point ground on it thru everything. The length gives me the ability to pry and wiggle the pin thru everything as the point picks up each piece.

Next, I take the knife to my bench and drive in a new short pin, forcing the long pin out as it goes in.

Last edited:
Back