Forge building questions

There are many different makers of ceramic blanket, Inswool, Kaowool , Durablanket, etc.

I am concerned about the design of C Craft's burner placement. The burners are angled down. If he is using Propane, Propane is heavier than air and the gas would have a tendency to settle out of the burners. I know that the venturie effect does pull the Propane on into the burner and into the forge but why fight nature. Natural gas is lighter than air so this placement might be advantageous. Also it appears that the interior of his forge is square and therefore defeats the advantage of having a round forge with the swirling effect. It does appear that the burners are aimed at the ceiling of the forge and probably avoiding direct contact of flame on the metal and minimizing hot spots.

Thanks wayne, I know that many are willing to share insights,experiences and tips an pointers to better us newbs. I have acquired parts and pieces to build a mini forge out of a coffee can to try and get the jist of how this will play out on a larger scale when I build the big forge.

Back