Forged in Fire Season 2

Justin Presson

Anyone watch the premier last night?

It was a good kick off to the show, can't wait to see more.

The winner did a bang up job on both his first round knife and the war hammer.

JP

I think the best part of the show is when they go home for 5 days, just wish they showed more footage from that.

I just finished watching it. I like it more this season because it seems like they did a better job of giving the makers a better idea of what they are shooting for, rather than pulling the rug out from under them after they've already committed to a design. Honestly, I wish they had more time all the way around. Who is going to make much more than a serviceable piece of crap in three hours?

I didn't like the dumpster-diving for steel aspect. I think this show still leans too heavily on copying the Food Network and their latest round of insane show ideas like "take this can of potted meat and this ketchup packet we found under the car seat and make a dessert from it." Really? How about instead of engineering ways to guarantee at least one failure per round, you actually just let people turn out the best product they can and then see who's best?

yeah they defanitely did a much better job in that first episode explaining the peramiters of the blade and what they had to do and gave them 20 minutes to find a steel and draw up a design.

I think the time crunch is actually what makes it entertaining, if the show was just 4 guys with 2 weeks to complete a blade it would be stale crackers. The mystery metal at first kind of bothered me when the show first started last year but now I kind of like it because it actually makes you think a a little harder on what type of steel is used for what metal and if it is hardnable.

JP

Good points.

Does it bother anyone else that nobody wears a respirator when they are grinding? Or am I just a weirdo because I do?

I just found that show a couple of weeks ago.I think its good but also agree about how they should show more when they are home for 5 weeks.

It was a good episode last night. Salem did a good job, I thought from the start he had a good chance at taking it all after seeing his work over on bladefourm. Man they sure like to beat the heck out of the final knives, those bones they had to chop through were huge.
Also learned a little bit....weld ends of cable before starting to forge it ☺

I missed it last night. Wife got the remote and wouldn't switch off of the 97th consecutive episode of Shark Tank, originally aired in 2012.

I wanted to see how well the cable damascus turned out.

I love that show. We finally got cable just so we could watch it.
I think there is a last season marathon today all day and tonight they are forging in the dark with coal fires. Should be exciting and smokey!

I've only seen two episodes so far. My sister turned me onto this series and so far I like it.
I didnt mind the dumpster dive for steel, it tests your skill by forcing you to think outside the box.
The part I dont like is the method of testing. It's completely innacurate... You have far too many variables. For example chopping logs. What of one log is harder than another or what if one has a small knot? Not to mention the person doing the test, can they be sure every cut is consistent?

Just my opinion but I can see half a dozen variables in each of their tests that could completely throw off the results and disqualify people... So...

I love to see some of the action and consider the process involved.

Almost fell over when I saw that fella try to weld cable without welding the ends first, that kind of hurt to see.

Anyway everyone keeps asking why i'm not on the show yet lol :p

Big fan of the show. As a novice it shows me many of the technics I hope to someday learn . My only criticism is in the things they choose for the home forge segments. A shield? I thought it was knife making show. Spears and axes is IMO OK, but not what I tune in to see. But a SHIELD?

I thought the same thing Fatstrat when I heard they were going to be making a shield but then after watching them make it I thought it was pretty damn cool.

I like the premise, but man they beat the s$&t out of those poor guys with bad or unknown steel and very short time slots, I'd hate to be rushed like that and have to deal with all of the unknowns. But it is entertaining the way they keep the show moving and I'm sure the guys know this stuff when they sign on. Couple refinements and it would be right there with Monday Night Football in the ratings, lol.

Wayne

I'm watching episode 3.
Does anybody know who Chris is? So much respect for him.
I like how simple his forge is and how talented he is.

Back