G'day from Australia

harronek

Just joined up and thought I'd say G'day .
I have been trying my hand at leather sheath making since about November last year and I'm really enjoying it .
I recognise a few names here from elsewhere , so I already feel like I half know some of you .

Ken

G'day

Thanks for the welcome .
I tried posting up some pics , but I must still be on probation as a new member .

Ken

I see em. :) The first one's appear to be thumbnails where as the last one was full size as far as I can tell. Good to go!

OK you asked for it :1:
Ill try again to see if these work , if there is a Moderator watching please delete the previous two attempts

Ken

The first pic of the light sheath is interesting, could you show other pics of it? Looks to be kind of a wrap construction?

I clicked on your thumb nail in the first post and saw your other pics.

Excellent work thanks .

Last edited:
The first pic of the light sheath is interesting, could you show other pics of it? Looks to be kind of a wrap construction?

I clicked on your thumb nail in the first post and saw your other pics.

Excellent work thanks .
Thanks for the kind words .
The torch sheath is an idea I had , and has actually worked out quite well . The one in the photo was a prototype and wasn't quite finished at that stage I still hadn't put the snap on the flap . The spiral cylinder and the flap are all one piece of leather and that is attached to the backing which is the horizontal belt loop .
I've made a couple more since , but don't have photos sorry . I give my sheaths away to friends and family and sometimes I forget to photograph them . I do like to have photos of my stuff so that I have a record of what I've made and also to see if I'm improving as time goes by .

Ken

Last edited:
Back