Gday from Down Under

Bruce Barnett

Gday everyone,

Im a relatively new maker from Down Under, living in the hills overlooking Perth in Western Australia. Started making in 2006 and have very quickly become obsessed with it. After attending Blade show 2008 I spent an excellent 8 days with Ed Caffery MS doing his Basic Bladesmithing and Damascus courses. So now i offer both forged & stock removed knives of most varieties. I am a member of both the Australian Knifemakers Guild and the American Bladesmith Society and hope to run for my JS stamp in 2011.
Please feel free to visit my website and check out my work.

Cheers Bruce
Barnett Custom Knives-Australia
www.barnettcustomknives.com

Pictures? No worries, ive got some of them.
#1 is an edge quenched 1080 fighter i forged out while doing my basic bladesmithing course at Ed's. Brought it back home and fitted some Eggerling damascus for the gaurd and butt cap. Ran the belt into the spine while shaping the gaurd so it was a matter of learning to do vine filework at the same time. Handle is a lovely gnarly piece of walrus tusk.

#2 is my 1st folder. Blade & lockbar are matching Eggerling damascus as well as the bolster material. Liners are nickel silver with bone scales.

#3 is Explosion pattern damascus that I also turned out at Ed's. Nickel silver gaurd and pin, Blood wood spacer and Musk Ox Horn handle. Sheath is Sharkskin.

#4 is a little edge quenched drop point in 1075 with nickel silver gaurd & Red Morrel handle.

Last one is my Big W patterned damascus camp knife with nickel silver fittings, the spacer is a piece of Ed's basketweave mosaic damascus with a piece of oosic.

Cheers Bruce

Attachments

• Fighter2 (Custom).JPG
    Fighter2 (Custom).JPG
    44.4 KB · Views: 10
  • 001 Folder 4a (Small).JPG
    001 Folder 4a (Small).JPG
    35.9 KB · Views: 9
  • Explosion-Bloodwood-Musk ox-Shark skin (Custom).JPG
    Explosion-Bloodwood-Musk ox-Shark skin (Custom).JPG
    73.2 KB · Views: 13
  • Forged Drop point (Small).jpg
    Forged Drop point (Small).jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 9
  • Walrus Willy (Small).JPG
    Walrus Willy (Small).JPG
    24.5 KB · Views: 6
Checked out your site....

Very impressive work ! Knives- Sweet ! Sheaths- Sweet ! Design- Sweet !

It's obvious that your a student of Ed's and shoot for the "Total Package"

-Josh

Gday Bruce,

I've always wanted to say that :D

Really great looking knives and sheaths on your site.

Welcome to the pound.

Mike

Back