glue for horse stall mat

Gary Miller

what glue do you use with rubber stall mat. i have used epoxy and super glue jell .so far the super glue has worked the best. I was just wondering if you all knew of anything better. thanks
Gary Miller

One of the various forms of GOOP would probably work very well for this.
I use the "household" version to glue rubber (old inner tubes, etc.) to hammer handles. I have a selection of lead hammer molds that require using a metal handle. Whenever I use the GOOP, I never have to worry about the bond between rubber and metal.

I'm not exactly sure what material is used for horse stall mats, but this is truly some awesome stuff.
The rubber itself wears out before the glue bond does. The few times I wanted to "re-sheath" a handle, I had to scrape/sand back down to bare metal!
If it performs well under the punishing physical environment of a hammer.....

The stuff is good. Read precautions before using. Different versions depending upon your location.
American version= highly flammable.
Canadian version= highly carcinogenic

http://eclecticproducts.com/

Goop is pretty good and would work fairly well for that application. I think a lot of the cutting competition guys that use horse stall mat use contact cement.

I've never used it personally but do ALOTTA reading on the forums.

FWIW I remember folks giving advise to use 100% RTV silicone for this application.

-Josh

One thing to keep in mind with any type of glue, epoxy, resin, etc... is that they are often only as good as the surface prep. The smoother and more polished the "bonded" sufaces are, typically the less of a bond strength you will have.

That being said, some bonding agents to handle different materials better than others. You just want to make sure that whatever you use is being applied correctly.

thanks guys. i can't waite to give them a try. i am banded from my shop right, now my new knee isn't very good on the ice and it got twisted noe it looks like a small basketball
doc said it was all right but i have to stay off of it. i told "SHE WHO MUST BE OBEYED" that i could set at the bench as easy as i could set in the house. so here i am,you have probbly figered out i do not have a computer in my shop.

Back