Good little user Tomahawk

Kentucky

We make a lot of these wrap and weld hawks. This one is made from Kelly Couples 1065. Wrapped and forge welded. Somewhat of a forge finish, curly maple and sheath. When you forge that "notch" in the bottom of the blade you'll find out quick if you have a good weld or not :D

can u post a little more information about that hawk please???

and, can they be ordered online??

Yes, my wife Lisa runs the forge business now. Ive been teaching her for several years now. She sells a lot on ebay and will sell otherwise too. Shes working on a website but hasnt got it up yet..If your interested in a hawk Im sure something can be arranged.
Anyway this hawk is made from 1065, wrapped and forge welded. Its normalized, then edge quenched and tempered.If im not mistaken the edge is around 2 1/2" wide on this one and about 5 3/4" long. The haft is curly maple, stained with traditional aqua fortis, hand rubbed with linseed oil and finished with wax. She also does hickory and ash handles. The edge sheath is about 7-8oz leather with copper rivets and a sam browne stud for the retaining strap. Heres some more pics..

hawk068.jpg

hawk081.jpg

hawk084.jpg

Yep that is it. I thought I had heard of Wolf Creek. I have spent quite a bit of time in Williamson which is Pike County on the KY side. Are you in Martin County?

I like that! I make small axes also. stock removal,I would like to be able to forge,But wouldnt know where to begin.

Back