Great Great Grandfathers hatchet

Keith Willis

I happen up on this the other day,forgot I even had it.
My Grandmother gave this to me about 30 years ago.She has since passed on,but she said that it
belonged to her Grandfather.Just thought I would post it up.
I think the name on one side says "Super Banko" or at least thats what it looks like
On the other side "Made in Sweden"
The handle that is one that her father made.

God bless,Keith

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 66
  • 016.jpg
    016.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 64
  • 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 76
Keith, What a fantastic heirloom. I would love to have something like this from my great great grandfather. Wade

Awesome! Make a nice shadow box to display it in. I'm sure that your Great Great Grandfather would like that very much.

That's great.
My grandfather had a habit of exploring old abandoned settlers cabins in northern Minnesota. One time when I was just a youngster he took me along and we fount an old hatchet. Several years later he gave it to me. It was all cleaned up with a new red painted handle. I still have it 40 years later and I think of him every time I come across it.

Some of the Swedish axes and hatchets are seen with a dovetail insert cutting edge. Does this hatchet exhibit that sort of construction, or is it a solid piece? Just curious. Great to have something from your G Grandad.

I was given a muzzleloading rifle that belonged to my great great grandfather on my dad's side. These kinds of things that are handed down are priceless to us. I am glad for you Keith.

Back