Green link belt from HF ?

steelerfan88

Anyone tried a green link belt from HB on their KMG ? I am wondering how they work/perform compared to the stock V-belt that came with my KMG package ? worth changing ?

I tried a "link" belt on my KMG, and personally did not like it. In my case it caused a lot more vibration then a standard "V" belt. Now, to be fair, my KMG is setup a bit differently then most. I run a 3hp VFD setup, with the belt running through the benchtop to the motor, which is mounted under the bench similar to the way most belt drive table saws are setup. That means the belt is considerably longer then the average KMG.

I hear ya' Ed. I switched out to a link belt on my table saw a few years ago and like them. It reduced vibration a little ....not a lot but some. The link belts seem to transfer power a little better....I think anyway. They also do not develop "memory" if sitting idle for a while. I'll throw one on my KMG and see how it go's :)

I've had excellent results with link belt on a KMG and on my 6 x 48 sander. Less vibration and they didn't/haven't developed a memory and stop in the same place all the time like a v-belt can.

Back