Greetings From Dave Larsen...

ddavelarsen

Hello; a few of you probably know my name already but this is for those of you who've never heard of me. I'm not a frequent poster on Knife Dogs, but I've been hanging around here since the early days. :) I'm posting this introduction because I'm preparing to offer a couple of my knives for sale.

A little background. I've been making knives since 1988, but have only made about 109 knives so far. Not the most prolific maker! I do it for the joy of it, not to make money. That said, I've sold (or given as gifts) everything I've made, and kept only one knife for myself. Sigh. That's why I started making knives in the first place, to have a custom knife when I couldn't afford to buy one. Sheesh. Probably a lot of makers have a similar story.

I recently came off a year and a half furlough from making knives. Don't know why I stopped making for that long, except a combination of knife making overload and domestic responsibilities kept me out of the shop. But that's over now, thankfully. I've made three knives since I got back on the job. I'll post a pic of one that I made for my brother, my rendition of a Randall Miniature Model 1. The other two are going up for sale here, both the same model, a modern-looking tanto. I hope you folks will like my work. I have a lot of ideas stored up for future projects, but have some orders to catch up before I can let myself go. :)

Guess that's all I have to say for now. I always welcome conversation, and you can reach me at dave AT dave-larsen DOT com.

Here's the little Randall homage:

108-072812.jpg

Hey!
Good to meet you Dave! :biggrin::3:

Hah..

Dave is an old timer on Blade forums and we are fortunate to have him around here.

Hello folks. This was an antique post and I’ve weathered yet another hiatus in making. But my new shop is almost operational and beyond a few belated orders have many ideas going forward.

I’ve really missed making stuff. My website is currently down because it got hacked but I “plan” to get it up and running again this winter. Possibly with a different URL. Meanwhile, whatever I come up with will be shared here, and doubtless I’ll be asking many questions of you fine makers as I attempt to learn more.

There is so much I can learn! Just getting my feet wet again...

New shop taking shape but I don’t seem to be able to attach photos right now. I’ll investigate. More soon.

Back