Greetings from Ohio

LR Adkins

A special salute to all you Knife Dogs, you all make the greatest knives!!
I've been making knives for awhile now, nothing fancy, just a few hunting and skinning knives. I sold a few and gave a few to my friends and had a blast making them.

I built custom motorcycles for the last 10 years but had to give it up because of my disabilities. I'm a disabled Vietnam Vet. The VA has put me through H--- and basically can't fixed my broken parts. So I've decided to kick back and have fun while I'm still here.

I just moved from my farm to town and will be setting up a new shop soon. I have a vintage smithy and it's time for a few updates to make things easier. I've smelled the forge smoke and pounded the anvil long enough to say I've payed my dues-LOL- so I'm building a gas forge, power hammer, and a good belt grinder to play with.
I look forward to talking to you all and hopefully meeting some.
Tank you.
Larry

Welcome larry, wanted to say thank you for your service ,cant thank you vets enough for my freedom. I have a power hammer that I built, one thats 25 lb and a 50 lb also traded the fifty pounder off but if you ever need any detailed pictures let me know and I will email them to you. It is a leaf spring design.

BH

Larry,

Welcome to Knife Dogs from a Ohio native transplanted to the Left Coast. I hope you enjoy this palce as much as I do!

Thank You for your service to our country.

Thanks for the welcome everyone. If I can figure out how to send pics I'll send some of my shop when I get set up. I know pictures are one of the highlights on the forum. Haven't built a knife in a couple years but may have a couple laying around.

Back