Gut hook

HELLGAP

Dealer - Purveyor
this cpm154 gut hook with amboyna scales lasted one day couldnt even show here the first guy seen it bought it lmao hope all my knives sell that fast.

forgot thepicture
PICT0014-2.jpg

Turned out great! And congrats on the sale...I bet that made your day.

What file did you use for the gut hook? Been thinking about trying thus on the next small blade I do:eek::cool::eek:

Looks great HG!!!!

Chris

I used a 1/4 inch chain saw file to shape and after heat treat sharpened it with a round diamond stick and then wraped 600 and 1500 grit paper to hone it razor sharp. You can buy long cone shaped diamond stones for under 10 bucks but now ive ordered something better the rubber abrasive cones for sharpening.

Thanks for the info HG! I will give this a shot one of these days. Turned out awesome!

Chris

I used a 1/4 inch chain saw file to shape and after heat treat sharpened it with a round diamond stick and then wraped 600 and 1500 grit paper to hone it razor sharp. You can buy long cone shaped diamond stones for under 10 bucks but now ive ordered something better the rubber abrasive cones for sharpening.

Now that is a deer hunter's knife. I bet that will zip him open in a jiffy. Great looks as well. I can see why you sold it so fast.

Larry usually when I show a few guys any of my knives I sell one. My nicest knife I made sold a few days before christmas , the guy bought it for his brother for his birthday. I believe in the states they are a benjamin fraklins and the buyer tore off 3 ben frankies as fast as he could . Ijust laughed that was my fastest sale less than 2 min and the first person who saw it .

Do you know what the width of the blade is (Like the length from spine to edge)? I know of a guy who is interested in a gut hook, but he doesn't know a ton about knives, and I don't know much about hunting.

Back