Hardness tester help please......

jaxxas

A little help please....

I bought this tester and was working on getting it setup. I was planning on mounting this tester on a heavy tool box caddy and now I find I need a 90 mm hole through the 'table' top for the lifting screw. Can anyone tell me how deep this hole has to go? I assume it's based on the test sample. I will need to build a false table to make this work and I just trying to determine if this is feasible.

I appreciate any and all inputs....

TIA

Last edited:
If you are testing blade stock. you should not need to drill anything. However if you want to test larger parts. Its necessary. Otherwise. I very solid table or base to set the tester on should be all ya need for testing flat stock.

I dont have this exact tester. But I do have one similar and I didnt drill any holes. :)

Blessings
Randy

Hmmm... my tester sits flat on a steel top bench, no hole needed. All the tester's I've seen, which isn't that many, work like a telescoping car jack, nothing extending down.

You don't need a hole in your bench unless you test very thick or high work. The hole is for the adjusting screw when you move the work pad way down.

Thank you to all! This is the best case for which I could hope. I don't plan on much thicker than knife blades.

Back