Hello all from Fairbanks AK

A

akfireguy

Howdy,

I just ran across this place tonight. My name is Ken. Knife Nut, wanna be knife maker. Oh and to feed my habit I also have to work. I am a firefigter/ paramedic for the city of Fairbanks, I also am a flight paramedic and then in my spare time I am also in the Air National Guard. Then sometimes I also am a preceptor for our local paramedic program.

I look forward to learning alot of new stuff.

Hello Ken,
Welcome to the forums, sit down and stay while. Come back often. I dont see how your have time to make knives with you busy schedule. I think I should come up there and give you some lessons. Always wanted to see your part of the US.

Thanks for the warm welcome!!

I do manage to stay busy, but I find time for the stuff I like to do. Mainly messing with sharp bits of steel. I am currently trying my best to ruin a very nice bit of damascus with power tools...:D. I have managed to learn a bit by reading and paying attention. My biggest accomplishment so far is making micarta out of fire hose...I think it is kinda cool. If any one wants to try some out let me know and I would be happy to pass some on. It would be intersting to see what someone that actully knows what they are doing could do with it.

Ken

Back