Hello Everyone, I'm new here. Thought I'd show some of my first work.

Here are my first three knives. I've made a few others from Mild Steel from Home Depot just for practice, but these are the first ones made from quality Steel. The Small Drop Point is CPM154, and the Straightback, and Tanto are both 1095. They are currently awaiting heat treat, handles and finishing. I think the Small knife will remain Skeletonized, but any suggestions on handle material for the other two?? I'm thinking OD Green G10 :cool:.

dlsyom.jpg

Sorry the picture isn't the best quality..

Welcome aboard! The cool thing about knifemaking is that you can make (and dress) them however you want! :)

Welcome to the forum. Like Ed said, one of the best things about making your own knives is that you get to make all the decisions, choose all the materials, and use your own artistic imagination to create works of art. It's nice to have you with us.

I think that it's hard to argue against a good hard wood such as rosewood, ironwood, African blackwood, or even just plain ol' maple. Actually, there's no reason to not to use G10 if you want to go the synthetic route. Just wear a respirator with a particle filter when you work with it.

Doug

Yeah, I'm thinking maybe Walnut or Ironwood and a Cold Blue finish for the straight back, probably go with G10 on the Tanto for a more modern look. Thanks for all the replies!

Back