Hello Everyone

J adams

I totally bypassed this part and Im sorry lol. I wanted to say hello to everyone especially now that Ive really been bitten by the knife making bug. I've made about 6 knives so far all by forging and learning as I go. So many mistakes and more to come lol. I'm an avid outdoorsman, hunting and fishing being my number one passions. I also have been doing taxidermy on the side since 1997 doing competitions and having fun with that. Unfortunately it became a part time job and kind of zapped the fun out of it. I had a couple friends that use to forge while I was a teenager and was always in awe of what you can create from a pice of rusted metal. I have great family with two kids ( boy and girl) ages 7-8. I also have a love for old traditional tools as well. However, I still use modern equipment/tools often. I see a long bow build in my future also, to many hobbies and to little time. Im sure Im not alone lol.

Take care,
Jared

Welcome on board! If you need more time for bladesmthing, retire! Then you will see just how little time you have. LOL

You will find all the making help you need here. Everyone is friendly and will help you. If you are interested in forging check out the ABS YouTube channel, lots of info there too.

Thank you George lol!! I actually can't wait for the next rainy day to plant my butt down so I can check out more of knifedogs AND that YouTube channel ;). Thanks again

Jared

Back