Hello From a Wood Addict

Faron Moore

Hello all, I'm Faron Moore. Though I dabble on the cutler side of knife making (rehandling and customizing blades) my true obsession is in the hypnotic and mind blowing burls. Thank you for having me in such a great forum. I look forward to contributing anywhere possible.

God Bless,
Faron Moore

The only way for you wood junky's to cure your addiction is to send me all your presentation wood to hold for you. You can trust me with it, honest. My wife has a small table sitting in front of the window that's over 100 years old and it's made of walnut. There are a couple of places with exceptional wood. My life has been threatened by her for even looking at her table. We've been married 51 years and she can read my mind. I can read hers too and it's saying touch my table and you're off to ICU for an extended stay.

Hello Faron,
We talked on the phone just the other day and I am happy to see you here at KD's.
Attention other Dogs & Doggettes, I have just perchased a couple of blocks of Dyed woods from this Gent and his work is excellent!

Welcome to the pack!

Laurence

www.rhinoknives.com

Its good to be among others suffering from the same affliction. :) Thank you all for your welcoming words. I'll post up some pictures when this next batch leaves the sanding station.

Laurence, it was great talking to you, thank you again for your positive words about my work. I try to make every batch better than the last and feel that there is always something to learn. As much as I love hearing the good, the bad is also encouraged to keep me growing in the right direction.

Thanks Mike928 for getting me on the forum. I'm a bit behind with technology :)

Its good to be among others suffering from the same affliction. :) Thank you all for your welcoming words. I'll post up some pictures when this next batch leaves the sanding station.

Laurence, it was great talking to you, thank you again for your positive words about my work. I try to make every batch better than the last and feel that there is always something to learn. As much as I love hearing the good, the bad is also encouraged to keep me growing in the right direction.

Thanks Mike928 for getting me on the forum. I'm a bit behind with technology :)

Faron,
You are welcome. Is there a reason that the text on your site under Project Gallery looks like it's in Latin?
Just wondering?

Laurence

www.rhinoknives.com

Sorry about the site, I've fallen behind on it trying to finish a few larger orders that came in last week. It will be up and running in the coming week.

For those who asked, here is a tiny sneak peek of the wood to come from this batch. These are some test pieces that I ran earlier to see how well my technique would work:

Double Dyed

photo%2520%25281%2529.JPG

photo%2520%25282%2529.JPG

Quad Dyed

photo%2520%25286%2529.JPG

photo%2520%25285%2529.JPG

Back