Hello

Bill Burke

Hi all,

Most of you have had the misfortune of meeting/hearing of me before. For those of you that haven't I started my formal knife making career in 1998 after buying Ed Fowlers book. Ed and I worked closely together until 2006. I joined the ABS in 2000 and got my JS stamp in 2003 and my MS in 2008. I make folders, fighters, hunters, camp knives and kitchen knives. In 2006 I spent over three weeks in Japan visiting sword makers and hocho makers and had the opprtunity to watch some of them work. I have since been making some Japanese swords and most of the kitchen knives I make are now heavily Japanese influenced.

I live in the mountains near Boise Idaho and enjoy hunting, fishing, snowmobiling and most outdoor activities. I like hotrods and single malt scotch. I can be reached most evenings to discus knives or bulls***. I hope that I am welcome here.

Bill

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all,

Most of you have had the misfortune of meeting/hearing of me before. For those of you that haven't I started my formal knife making career in 1998 after buying Ed Fowlers book. Ed and I worked closely together until 2006. I joined the ABS in 2000 and got my JS stamp in 2003 and my MS in 2008. I make folders, fighters, hunters, camp knives and kitchen knives. In 2006 I spent over three weeks in Japan visiting sword makers and hocho makers and had the opprtunity to watch some of them work. I have since been making some Japanese swords and most of the kitchen knives I make are now heavily Japanese influenced.

I live in the mountains near Boise Idaho and enjoy hunting, fishing, snowmobiling and most outdoor activities. I like hotrods and single malt scotch. I can be reached most evenings to discus knives or bullSPIT. I hope that I am welcome here.

Bill

Please watch your language, sir. This is an entirely G-RATED forum.
BUT, welcome! We'd love to see your blades and swap info with you.
Miss Lora

Last edited:
Please watch your language, sir. This is an entirely G-RATED forum.
BUT, welcome! We'd love to see your blades and swap info with you.
Miss Lora

Sorry Miss Lora. too make amends here are some pictures.

standard.jpg
[/IMG]

standard.jpg
[/IMG]

standard.jpg
[/IMG]

Most beautiful images sir! You do very, very nice work!
The buttcap on that first is just stunning, the stag is as knobly and dark as one could hope for!

Geez, the people ya run into!!!:rolleyes:

How goes it Bill. Welcome mate

Cheers Bruce
Barnett Custom Knives-Australia
www.barnettcustomknives.com

Welcome sir. Great work, and Ive seen your stuff before.

Dont take the language editing personally,..I did that myself a few times first 2 weeks here
Folks here arent being overly picky,.. but we do have lots of Wives and Kids here reading and participating,unlike most other knife forums.
Hope you enjoy the place and have fun :)

Back