Help needed

Calvin Robinson

Moderator Christian Forum
I need a new 0-80 counter bore, I got the last one at MSC but they have discontinued them. Can any one tell me where to buy one?
Thanks,
Calvin

Please tell me why you would need a 0 X 80 counterbore? Frank

To counterbore for the screws that hold my scales on my folding knives. I also counterbore for the screws that hold my spacer in place, I counterbore my liners and screw into my spacer. I also counterbore my pivot pin screws. I am making a knife with blacklip pearl and want a new sharp counterbore to counterbore the pearl for the screws that hold it in place, I'm afraid my well used counterbore might chip the pearl.
I am using all 0-80 screws in this knife and in the last one I built out of bronze and mammoth ivory.

Hi Calvin.
That's a new proceedure for me. I never have done that. The counter bore will not center any thing better and reasonable quality taps with go through real easy. Calvin, I think you know I do a lot of my folders with 0 X 80 screws and have found the taping without any reaming first works fine. I don't ream the holes for 1 X 72 or 2 X 56 screws either. Frank

He wasn't looking for reamers Frank, but counterbores.

He wants to set the heads below the surface of the material...

What do you do, if not counterbore or countersink?

I know some guys just use a drill of the same diameter as the head....

I never liked that method, but it works in a pinch.

I appologize !!! I just bought the 0X80 and 2X56 And am using them now. they are the correct size for three head sizes in each from a Eugene Iverson who was in the Blade forums. He makes them out of drill bits. Frank

well I looked all over for these and ended up having them made out of a carbide reamer by a shop localy that had a od grinded. They cost me $35.00 each

well I looked all over for these and ended up having them made out of a carbide reamer by a shop localy that had a od grinded. They cost me $35.00 each

Well I ust received the ones I orderd from Mcmaster Carr, I orderd 6 and they only shipped 5 so I must have bought all they had and they were only $9.00 and change.

Back