Help with phone please!!

Jason Volkert

I broke the screen on my galaxy note 8. Have any of you ever fixed a crack screen with one of those DIY screen repair kits they sell on the internet??

I replaced a screen on an IPhone. Had to buy a tool kit because the screws were so tiny. I would assume the Galaxy is the same way. Bought everything on Amazon and Googled how to replace it. Glad I had an Optivisor. :)

I've tried the DIY things in the past...... you are FAR ahead to just cough up the $$$ and have it professionally done. (last time I broke my Iphone scree, it was $150 at a local Batteries Plus store.)

I broke the screen on my galaxy note 8. Have any of you ever fixed a crack screen with one of those DIY screen repair kits they sell on the internet??
Don't do it... The cost of a kit, then the cost of new phone because your a knife maker not a tech geek is not worth it.

Yeah, Thanks fella's. I'm not gonna do it. They want at the phone place like 300 to do it because it has some fancy screen. I might as well buy a New phone.

When I worked in IT we would get users with broke screens. We never used the kits. In the long run you are better off either having a pro fix the screen or get a new phone. Kind of sucks but unfortunately that's the way it works.

You can buy insurance for your phone that will cover the cost. But that usually runs around 7-10 dollars a month. Maybe worth it, maybe not. For my granddaughter who breaks a screen every 3-4 months it's worth it.

Weather to replace broken screen or not really depends on the phone or tablet. Some are fairly easy (if you've got the proper equip) while others are MUCH more difficult.

I replaced the screen on an Iphone 6 that was fairly easy to do. There are several really tiny parts to deal with, but since I work on SMD (Surface Mount Devices) in radios it wasn't too hard. I did most of work under microscope because they are tiny! Batteries are easy to change, but the screen involves fooling with camera, etc.

My tablet requires special heat and etc to release glue to replace battery so I don't expect to fool with that.

Back