Hemped Up Cable

Wade Hougham

Here is another one for KT.
The curly maple haft is 18 1/2" long. The head was forged from cable and it is 8 1/2" with a 3" cutting edge.
The grip is raw hide and there is a lanyard braided from hemp cord. There are wood beads, feathers, brass cones and bone pipe for decorations. Everything is held together with hemp cord.
Please feel free to comment, good, bad or ugly.

Attachments

• KT Hawk #2 009.jpg
    KT Hawk #2 009.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 64
When I talked to Wade about making me another hawk I asked for some thing with some character and told him what I had in mind. He FAR surpassed what I was hoping for. Wade cant thank you enough. GREAT workmenship. That means you will have to work that much harder on the next project. KT :35:

Alot of "good" about it. Bad...yeah, it's a bad-a## chopper. Ugly...only KT gits to play with it:sad:

KT, It is always my pleasure working with you.
Troy, KT is a pretty nice guy, maybe he would let you come over and play with it.:p
Chris, Too much fun making these hawk's to even consider it being work, but I do know what you mean. Looking forward to your next creation.
Thanks for the replies.:biggrin: Wade

Now that's a War Hawk with character! Beautiful work from the Lord of the Soggy Bottom.
Terry, we need an update picture of your "Frontier" room....Getting crowded in there?

Wade...honestly, I would love to one day meet you. If your personality is even a small percentage of your craftmanship you must be a great guy!
Great job again!

Eric

Terry, we need an update picture of your "Frontier" room....Getting crowded in there?[/QUOTE]

Randy here are just a few.I now have 2 rooms.. KT

Attachments

• 2vv.jpg
    2vv.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 12
  • 5vv.jpg
    5vv.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 11
  • bg3.jpg
    bg3.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 13
  • bg6.jpg
    bg6.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 12
  • terry 113.jpg
    terry 113.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 12
couple more 2 of my carvings KT

Attachments

• terry 119.jpg
    terry 119.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 7
  • xx12.jpg
    xx12.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 7
  • xz.jpg
    xz.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 7
  • t60.jpg
    t60.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 7
  • terry%20014.jpg
    terry%20014.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Wade i have about 130 gun rigs, 50 knifes and sheaths. 10 hawks and pipes. Walking canes, spears. rifle scabberts .About 150 rifles, shotguns, revolvers, pistols etc.15 saddle bags and and a assortment of other western gear to large to mention. It got out of control.Wade I,m doing fine. Your getting this directfromthe hospital.. Terry

Terry, You are not out of control, you just love what you are doing.
Thank you for the update, I appreciate it. Take care. Wade

Terry, your house is a who's-who of frontier craftsman..Thanks for the pics..
I recognize a lot of different styles in there besides that show stopping work of yours.
Get better, we can't do without you.......

Realy great hawk Wade awesome.
And KT i am impressed and envy you for all that nice frontier stuff :D

Seved

Back