Hey Man, Got A Light?

Randy Lucius

I work out of my garage and the lighting is terrible. I have shop lights over my work bench and use sewing machine and other portable lights. I have a couple of lights that I use on my grinder. I saw these LED lights on FaceBook and ordered one on Amazon. Holy Moly, what a difference!! I'm really amazed how much light they put out. I have it in the fixture for the one on my grinder and I'm ordering another for the main garage light. So if you need some additional lighting I highly recommend these.

shop light.jpg

Those are great! I picked up two of them on a lightening deal for $23. I placed them in my outside grinding area/overhang of my hot shop. No effected by the cold temps, and put out tons of light!

Just ordered one! Since they are screw in would they fit the under the hood of those clamp on shop lights that hold one bulb?

Just ordered one! Since they are screw in would they fit the under the hood of those clamp on shop lights that hold one bulb?
They might since they fold to position the light. I have one of the hooded fixtures. I just took the hood off.

How big are they across?? Do they have limits on temperature. I have some 8' HO strip lights in my garage that need to be replaced.

How big are they across?? Do they have limits on temperature. I have some 8' HO strip lights in my garage that need to be replaced.
This is the package size 7.5 x 6.6 x 4.8 inches
So not very big. Ed is using them in Montana so I don’t think the temp bothers them.

If you want just an awesome screw in light bulb, check out Cree bulbs. The big box stores have them.
I am using a 75 watt spot in one of the cheap clamp on reflector lamps at my grinder and I swear I am outside on a sunny day.

Scott

This threads just in time for me, putting up a new shop and all I know for sure is I'm going with LED's.
my shops 30' x 50' so I'm thinking either 6 or 8 light fixtures wired to 3-4 individual switches in one receptacle box.

I think for the price I'll buy one of these, hang it up there, stand back and look at it and make a judgement call, the thing is my ceiling is 14' high and I'd like to keep them up that high.

Recently, I was in the right place at the right time and got a few free parking lot LED flood lights :D
I messed up earlier, here is the big lights I have, one mounted. the one picture is one of the smaller one's I got.
These are 13,180 lumens....
If you look at these they'll burn a hole thru your skull !

I have one up now, wired to a remote control so you can turn it on from up to 400' away, it'll light up a whole football field, Ha ha. I looked them up on Amazon and they have a 5 year warranty, these are two years old so I lucked out on these. !

BDBk7MC.jpg

Last edited:
Back