How do I send pics in private message?

Mark Barone

When I press the picture icon an Http window opens up. How do I add pictures? Im sure this has been a topic but I couldn't find it in search.

When I press the picture icon an Http window opens up. How do I add pictures? Im sure this has been a topic but I couldn't find it in search.
You need to host it somewhere such as YouTube. It's easy to sign up and get an account with YouTube. Once you have an account you can load up your photo or video to YouTube directly from your PC . Once it's on YouTube copy and paste that link into the http window

You need to host it somewhere such as YouTube. It's easy to sign up and get an account with YouTube. Once you have an account you can load up your photo or video to YouTube directly from your PC . Once it's on YouTube copy and paste that link into the http window

Uffff that sounds like a ordeal to just send a picture. I can see a video. I have an account but does that mean I have to turn a picture into a video.

Uffff that sounds like a ordeal to just send a picture. I can see a video. I have an account but does that mean I have to turn a picture into a video.
I don't think so. But I'm not sure. I've only used my account for a video.

Check out imgur.com

You can host pics there and I don't think you need an account. But making one (account) will make things easier in the future

I think it's the best/easiest out there IMO

They even provide a link that you can copy and paste

Does the account cost $$$? I lost all my photos once before. It's a shame we can't send a photo on a PM. I tried that to one of the guys about a hydraulic press.

Does the account cost $$$? I lost all my photos once before. It's a shame we can't send a photo on a PM. I tried that to one of the guys about a hydraulic press.

Imgur is free. I have an account and use it to host all my pics. They also have a phone app that is alright, not great but good enough.

Photobucket locked everyone's pics behind a paywall a few years ago but have since lifted that. But for how long who knows.

I'll NEVER deal with photobucket again after they held my pictures hostage. They've burnt that bridge.

All the free ones are going away! However I do think Photobucket has realized they made a huge mistake. Been thinking of taking them up on the $4.00 trial month so I can un-hostage my own damn photos!! Problem there is this now they are putting a watermark on the photos. So now when I post a photo there it will have a water mark on. Not if I am paying the tab!! Photobucket destroyed so many great tutorials out there, they should have been tared and feathered!!

Imgur was free and still is somewhat, but they are heading toward the pay to play route. They only allow so many photos! If you have the picture on a file on your PC you can post it by using at the bottom left, attach file. You go to the file and click an it, clicking on it will highlight it, then hit open it, and it will appear below the text. Asking if you want to use it as a thumbnail, or full image!! I usually use the thumbnail as the full image can be way to large! Example ………… smiley-clipart-fish-18.png

Back