How do you bevel your blades?

I know that most people like to use belt sanders where as some use filing jigs and the occasional person does it all in the forge. I'm just curious to what you methods are. So how do you bevel your blades?

Since the majority of my blades are forged, bevels are initially formed with the hammer, and the accentuated/finished throughout the rest of the process. In my opinion and "good" 2 x 72" grinder is a must have tool.

Was this post intentionally created to get me to step up to the plate? Lol! With each reply the nail gets driven deeper and deeper lol. And it’s a very crudely constructed nail... almost as if someone tried make a nail by grinding on a ... crying... 4 by 36.

#twobyseventytwoenvy
KEVIN.......YOU ARE GETTING SLEEPY........go buy a 2x72..........you will never ever look back :)

KEVIN.......YOU ARE GETTING SLEEPY........go buy a 2x72..........you will never ever look back :)
I think my wife may have used that same trick to get me three kids and the oldest is three! So I’m a lil gun shy now lol. Actually my oldest just turned 4. And to be honest she has calmed a bit in the last month or so.

Well I started on the 1"x30" grinder. It worked but it's now sitting in the corner gathering dust. I've actually thought about putting a leather belt on it for sharpening the blades.

Back