Howzit from South Africa

snowbeast

Howzit all. I've just started my adventure in knife making. I have one I'm busy cutting out and getting ready to shape. I hope to learn enough to make honey moon money off my knives.
I love sushi knives and hunters.
Thanks for reading

Welcome to KD snowbeast. Be sure to post some pics of that blade. Would like to hear history of your snowbeast name if into snow sports, abom. snowmen, etc thx.

Last edited:
Welcome to the pack at Kds.
You can make honey money and more if you stay with it.
Do post some pics of your work.

The name snowbeast is very random. I'm from sunny south Africa and have not really seen much Snow, but my surname is Frost and was called Frosti at boarding school. One night I walked into a club and my mate shouted "Frosti the Snowbeast" and it stuck

Hey Snowbeast welcome, I'm originally from Rhodesia and lived in SA for 5 years near Klerksdorp. I had a friend in my army days with the surname Frost his nickname was Snowy sadly on Easter monday 1971 we were ambushed while travelling on a troop carrier and he was shot and killed. Seems like just the other day.
Dino

Hey Snowbeast welcome, I'm originally from Rhodesia and lived in SA for 5 years near Klerksdorp. I had a friend in my army days with the surname Frost his nickname was Snowy sadly on Easter monday 1971 we were ambushed while travelling on a troop carrier and he was shot and killed. Seems like just the other day.
Dino

Hi Dino,

Was this in the Rhodesian Bush war or the Sa Boarder war?
A friend of ours was a selous scout and later fought in the Bush war in a rhodesian reg.
Where you living now?

Hey Snowy it was the Rhodesian war, we all had to/wanted fight in it. I was 1st Battalion infantry then moved to 8th.
My brother was in "C" Squadron SAS then moved over to the Selous Scouts until 1980, he moved South and joined the Reece's in SA for a year or so. He was still soldiering for the last 6 years in Afghan, finally stopped and is still living in Rhodesia (Zim) My wife and I live in the UK but may plan to move home sometime whenever.........

Our friend did exactly the same but after the war was number two most wanted in Rhodesia so in post war Rhodesia he is not welcome back.

I'm actually trying to get to the UK. My fiancé is British and her sister is a medic in the navy, but due to the high amount of immigrants putting pressure on the UK system it is proving difficult.
A mate of mine has just gone over to play for the Exeter chiefs and says the UK is a whole different world.

My dad last year rode his bicycle through the northern tribal lands raising awareness and money for the conservation of wild dogs they then went down to Harare and across to wankee delivering school books to the rural schools. He loved it.
The people of zim are ready for change.

Back